This page lists what has changed in each version of the game. Most will be
minor bugfixes, but some new features have also been added. To upgrade your
copy to the latest version, please download the
- Version 1.9 (2006-10-01)
- Bugfix: A buffer overflow could cause the player data file to be
overwritten when Igor was started.
- Version 1.8 (2006-09-23)
- Bugfix: Recordings made when the quickkey for loading savegames was
used did not always submit properly for the Hall of Fame, even though
the level might have been finished successfully.
- Bugfix: NULL pointer issue sometimes encountered by two users.
- Bugfix: Screensaver could be activated during the game. This caused the
infamous 'taskswap' issue. Screensaver is now disabled during the game.
- Bugfix: It was possible to push a Terminal through a Red Wall by using
the "space+arrow key to activate terminals" feature introduced in v1.7.
- Bugfix: Enemies did not always explode correctly when hit by dynamite.
This made it possible to remove (for example) FireFlies which should not
have been possible. This changes the game behaviour a little bit, but
all levels available through the official website can still be solved.
- Version 1.7 (2004-11-07)
- New feature: Several keys have been added to the main menu. If you
press Pageup/down (configurable), you can browse through the level list
without using the mouse. If you press F10 (configurable) you will start
the selected level. If you press F9 (configurable) it will load the
savegame for the selected player.
- New feature: Several keys have been added to the level editor. If you
press Pageup/down (configurable), you can quickly load the previous/next
level. If you press F10 (configurable) you will test the current level.
- New feature: Igor can now 'touch' a terminal by zapping it
(Actionkey+arrow). This will help activate it without killing himself if
a yellow dynamite is nearby.
- New feature: Undo/redo system implemented in the level editor. Allows
undo/redo of up to 100 steps depending on available memory (use 'u' and 'r'
keys to undo/redo).
- New feature: Line drawing, (filled) box drawing and floodfill tools added
to the level editor. This makes editing even more pleasant. Note the
behaviour of the floodfill tool is somewhat complicated to be able to cope
with the various layers of drawing. In most common use it should be
intuitive though. Use 'l' for line, 'b' for box, and 'f' for floodfill.
- New feature: When paused, the screen is no longer made black. This allows you
to think about your next move more easily.
- New feature: It's now possible to choose the default filename used for
a recording. (By default, this default is "%S-%l-%L-%P"). To use this
feature, put a file with the name 'defrec.txt' in the Igor directory. On
the first line of this file put the name you want as default. Everything
will appear 'as is' except for the following special control sequences.
A control sequence is a %-sign plus another character. This character is
case sensitive and can be: S=levelsetname, l=level number, L=levelname,
p=player number, P=player name, %=percentsign. Note that certain 'special'
characters will be replaced by underscores to keep the filename valid and
- New feature: If Igor picks up a Diamond, the Mixer is paused as before, but
now the Pudding it drops is also paused.
- New feature: Replaced busy-loops by Sleep-loops to allow background
applications to have some processor time (or if none require it: to
reduce the power consumption and heat dissipation of your CPU)
- New feature: Added possibility to change speed and exit level during
- New feature: Added an option to exit a level immediately when Igor dies
rather than waiting for ESCAPE or a short time. This is for the *very*
- New feature: If Igor is configured to 'wait for escape' when a level is
finished, recordings played from the main menu after a certain idle-time
would also wait. This has been changed so they will always exit automatically
(since they were also started automatically).
- New feature: If a level loaded in the editor contains edge tiles in the
middle, they are now changed to Walls instead of Emptyness.
- New feature: Graphics updates during the game are managed slightly
differently, which may result in faster playing speeds reachable.
- Bugfix: If a Mixer moved into a gray or black hole, it would explode 3x3
instead of 1x1.
- Bugfix: Yellow dynamite did not always explode when it was carried upwards by
- Bugfix: Interaction between Superglue and Replicators or Magic Walls would
sometimes cause the Replicators or Magic Walls to disappear.
- Bugfix: If an enemy exploded in a 3x4 explosion, one of the tiles would
be lethal for Igor under certain circumstances.
- Bugfix: Objects moving 'diagonally' into Superglue would sometimes cause
two other objects to move over each other, cancelling one out.
- Bugfix: The dialog to finalize a recording did not properly initialize
causing the OK button not to be highlighted.
- Bugfix: If the 'r' key was held down too long for a recording, the filename
would be replaced with one or more 'r' characters. This no longer happens.
- Bugfix: When pressing a mouse button to skip the introduction screens, it now
waits for all keys/buttons to be released again to avoid accidentally
clicking a menu option directly.
- Bugfix: When Igor was zapping an object while it was still moving, nothing
would happen, but a move was counted. When Igor stopped zapping before the
object stopped moving, this means a move was counted that didn't actually
happen. This was fixed.
- Bugfix: Some enemies would briefly 'close' the exit when they were caught
in superglue the first time.
- Bugfix: When the 'visiblewhensolved' layer was used in a level, the
level was not restored properly when loading a savegame due to the
extra processing of the 'else layer'.
- Bugfix: When the mouse is at the edge in the level editor, it will
scroll the screen. However, during the whole time the mouse is at the
edge of the screen (even after it stops scrolling), the editor did not
respond to keypresses. This has been fixed.
- Bugfix: If the level is made smaller in the editor, the cursor no longer
remains outside the level area.
- Bugfix: If a game is saved, then a previous level in the same set deleted,
the savegame loaded, and a recording is made, the recording was of a different
level than the original game.
- Bugfix: If no properties have been viewed in the editor yet, and one
rightclicks on a door/key, a bad dialog would be shown.
- Bugfix: Modified mouse cursor behaviour (transparent instead of hidden)
to solve issues for some users.
- Bugfix: A small memory leak, and some related minor problems were solved.
- Bugfix: When text was put over the right edge of the screen, a wrong
Blit (with negative size) was executed instead of it skipping. This did
not cause problems in practice, but was still wrong. This has been fixed.
- Bugfix: A file access issue was solved in the level editor.
- Bugfix: Timing methods in the game were improved. This may result in
more accurate timing in the game on some systems.
- Version 1.6 (2004-04-04)
- New feature: Levelsets other than the official demo/full can now be
played in any order as they are no longer limited by the three skips.
This only applies to newly created players.
- New feature: If config file (igor.cfg) does not exist, a default
configuration will be used, and screen resolution is autodetected
(depending on available videomemory).
- Bugfix: If a loaded level contained bad objects, they could be
re-used again by picking them up. Bad objects are now removed from
the level by the editor.
- Bugfix: In some uncommon situations, the Windows mouse cursor would
remain on screen, or the game would be minimized on the first click in
a dialog inside the game. This was fixed.
- Bugfix: Several small fixes have been made to the graphics (Oxygen,
Hamburger, Firefly). Rotate pipes have changed their look so that it
is clearer how they work.
- Bugfix: When Igor ate a Datapod by moving over it, but the Datapod
was also just about to be moved by a conveyor belt, Igor would eat it
without it disappearing. This no longer happens (Igor eats it normally).
- Bugfix: When checking a recording with the right-click in explorer,
the game crashed since v1.5 due to the introduction of 'mouse control'.
This has been fixed.
- Version 1.5 (2003-11-14)
- New feature: Igor can now be controlled with the mouse in the game. This
will be especially useful for those players that have some problems
controlling Igor with the keyboard, and don't have access to a joystick.
See the new options in the configuration screen for info on how to set it
- New feature: If you check a recording (right-click in explorer, choose
'check recording') the name of the recording-author is now also shown.
- Bugfix: If a Guardian ends up on Superglue, Igor wouldn't see him
anymore, and allow the exit to be opened.
- Bugfix: The windows mouse cursor (arrow) was visible for some users
under certain circumstances.
- Version 1.4 (2003-07-21)
- New feature: Game interface now available in German (choose 'configure
Igor' in the main menu, and change the language). Note online help and
levels are not translated.
- New feature: Support for higher resolutions (up to 1600x1200). Especially
useful to be able to play the game at the native resolution of your laptop
or LCD monitor.
- New feature: Better quality fonts in higher resolutions (1024x768 and up).
- Bugfix: If Igor pushes against an object, but stops before it actually
moves, no move was counted although it should.
- Bugfix: When an enemy was teleported left or up onto Superglue, it would
move away from it, disappear and then explode.
- Bugfix: When a Gift transforms into a Datapod right over a Magic wall,
Igor would be able to pick it up even though it would also be converted by
the Magic Wall.
- Bugfix: When a Lightswitch was pressed that didn't do anything (because
the light was already on/off) it was not counted as a move.
- Bugfix: If two items of Yellow Dynamite (with the same number) were
placed close together, they would not always explode properly when the
appropriate Terminal was touched.
- Version 1.3 (2003-03-03)
- New feature: The playing speed can be changed while playing a level. Use
the '[', ']' and '=' keys for this.
- New feature: When loading a level in the editor, it now focuses on Igor
instead of the upper left corner of the level.
- Bugfix: If an egg is touched very briefly to make it crumble, no move
would be counted. This has been fixed.
- Bugfix: In some cases, the level editor would show a new level at startup
even though the selected levelset contained valid levels.
- Bugfix: After appending a level in the editor, it would be shown in red
in the main menu if the level that was last in the set previously was
already solved. The level will now correctly be made yellow (playable).
- Bugfix: When gravity is on, the player would be able to 'zap' objects
just before falling in some cases (where it was not allowed since Igor
should fall immediately). This was fixed.
- Bugfix: When pressing 'R' to make a recording while a recording was
already in progress would ask for a new filename, leaving the previous
recording unfinished (and invalid). Now pressing 'R' is ignored if a
recording is already in progress.
- Version 1.2 (2002-12-31)
- New feature: the author of a level is now shown in the statusbar of the
main menu. This makes it easier to see who made a level.
- New feature: When returning to the main menu from the level editor, the
pointer in the level-list would always be repositioned. It now does that
only if necessary (e.g. this is more convenient if you want to use the
editor to quickly check the level author)
- Bugfix: If eggs were pushed left over Igor-blocks, they would crumble.
This has been fixed.
- Bugfix: In the level editor, the 'test', 'save', 'load', 'insert' and
'delete' options did not always highlight correctly when the mouse was
over them. This has been improved.
- Bugfix: If a left-turning FlipFlop is placed on a level facing down, it
would be shown as 'lava' while the 'Get Ready' is counting down.
- Bugfix: If Igor would pick up Datapods with space+arrow repeatedly, they
would not be counted as separate moves.
- Version 1.1 (2002-12-08)
- New feature: When the game starts, the version number is now shown.
- New feature: If a recording is played from the commandline (i.e. by
double clicking on a file in the Windows explorer) the music will now not
be initialized (since it's not used anyway). This saves a few seconds
startup time on most systems.
- Bugfix: If two or more Replicators or Magic walls were placed
side-by-side, the game would remove one of them under certain
circumstances. Sometimes invisible barriers would be created in the
- Bugfix: If a chain-explosion was in progress when a level was exited, it
would continue if a recording was played directly after.
- Bugfix: In some cases, if the user tried to load a bad savegame, the
selected level in the main menu could probably not be played anymore
without reloading the levelset. Fixed.
- Bugfix: In the level editor, it was possible to place some enemies on
top of certain walls (which is not allowed).
- Bugfix: If a lightbulb was destroyed by an explosion, in certain cases it
would continue to shine on objects around it.
- Version 1.0 (2002-11-11)